April 2020 – Page 5 – Football Flame    

Month: April 2020

BUNDESLIGA

Bayern Munich to return to training on Monday 'in small groups'

Head coach Hans-Dieter Flick of Bayern Muenchen walks past a club logo prior to the Bundesliga match between FC Bayern Muenchen and RB Leipzig at Allianz Arena on February 09, 2020 in Munich, Germany.Bayern Munich will train "in small groups" on Monday after the club confirmed Hansi Flick's first-team squad would follow the German government's guidance on coronavirus precautions.The Bundesliga was suspended on March 13 initially until April 2, but a meeting of clubs on March 31 extended the suspension to April 30 at the earliest.A statement on Bayern's official website on Sunday urged supporters to stay away from the training ground as the players return to work."The FC Bayern Munich first team will return to training at Sabener Strasse in small groups from Monday, 6 April," said the state...
PREMIER LEAGUE

Willian says Chelsea renewal 'very difficult' amid exit talk

Chelsea's Willian.Chelsea star Willian believes it will be "very difficult" to sign a new contract as he heads for a Stamford Bridge exit.Willian is out of contract at the end of June and his future is unclear amid the coronavirus pandemic, with the Premier League season suspended.The 31-year-old, who arrived from Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013, wants a three-year deal but Chelsea have been unwilling to meet his demands.Linked with La Liga champions Barcelona previously, Willian told Fox Sports Brasil show Expendiente Futebol: "Everyone knows my contract is up in a few months and it looks like it'll be very difficult to secure an extension."I think it's unlikely that I'll renew because Chelsea offered me a two-year deal, I asked for three and it ended there."There were no more talks or negotiat...
TRANSFERS

Sporting Lisbon eager to sign Leicester City Loanee Islam Slimani

Islam SLIMANI of Monaco during the Ligue 1 match between AS Monaco and Stade Reims at Stade Louis II on February 29, 2020 in Monaco, Monaco.Sporting Lisbon are interested in re-signing Leicester City loanee Islam Slimani, according to O Jogo.The Algeria international is currently plying his trade at AS Monaco in a season-long loan – his third since moving to Leicester.For a change, he has a good season in Ligue 1, having scored nine goals and assisted another seven in 18 league appearances.Those numbers are good anyway but to give them more perspective, that’s Slimani’s best return since 2015/16 – which is when he was at Sporting.And now his former side reportedly want to bring him back. One would say, it is a move that suits all parties, especially the man himself, who has fallen off a cl...
NEWS

Serbia striker Prijovic arrested for breaking coronavirus curfew

Aleksandar Prijovic of Serbia in action during the UEFA Nations League C group four match between Serbia and Lithuania at Stadium FC Partizan on November 20, 2018 in Belgrade, Serbia.Serbia and Ex-Derby County striker Aleksandar Prijovic has been arrested and given three-months' home detention for breaking a coronavirus curfew in Belgrade, it is being reported.The 29-year-old Serbian international, who plays for Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad, was arrested along with 19 others for gathering at a hotel lobby bar in Belgrade on Friday, according to Associated Press.Serbia has a 5pm to 5am lockdown order in place in an attempt to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.Prijovic joined Derby as an 18-year-old on a two-year contract in 2008 after rejecting a new deal at Italian club Parma, bu...
LALIGA

"I don't think about winning LaLiga, I just want to win the fight against COVID-19" : Casemiro

Carlos Henrique Casemiro of Real Madrid during the La Liga match between Real Betis and Real Madrid at Benito Villamarin Stadium on March 8, 2020 in Sevilla, Spain.Real Madrid's Brazilian midfielder Casemiro said Friday that he is not thinking about winning the Champions League or La Liga titles this season as the world grapples with the coronavirus outbreak.In a video call with young fans, coordinated by global charity Save The Children, Casemiro said football paled into insignificance compared to the pandemic, which has claimed the lives of more than 59,000 people worldwide."Do we want to win the league? We definitely want to win La Liga and we want to win the Champions League," the 28-year-old said."But I'm not thinking about winning La Liga, I'm thinking about winning the fight against...
NEWS

Ireland appoint Stephen Kenny as Head Coach

Newly appointed Republic of Ireland manager Stephen Kenny.Stephen Kenny will replace Mick McCarthy as Republic of Ireland manager with immediate effect after the Euro 2020 play-offs were delayed again by the coronavirus pandemic, the Football Association of Ireland said Saturday.Kenny, who had been in charge of Ireland’s Under-21 side, was due to take over from McCarthy in August following the expiration of his contract after the Euro 2020 finals.However, European football’s governing body announced Wednesday that all international matches in June had been postponed until further notice.“This has been a difficult situation for the Association - and for Mick and Stephen in particular - in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic and the effect it has had on the football calendar,” interim FAI chie...
PREMIER LEAGUE

Burnley could run out of money by August, says chairman

Burnley Chairman Mike Garlick.Premier League Burnley could run out of money by August if the season does not resume by then, club chairman Mike Garlick said on Saturday, three weeks after the COVID-19 pandemic forced a suspension.In a statement on their website Burnley said they stood to lose up to 50 million pounds in revenue if the Premier League was not completed.On Friday the Premier League said the current campaign had been postponed indefinitely and would only resume when it is “safe and appropriate to do so”.“The fact of the matter is if we don’t finish this season and there isn’t a clear start date for next season we as a club will run out of money by August, that’s a fact,” Garlick told Sky Sports. “I can’t speak for other clubs.“That’s why we are very, very determined that when i...
NEWS

COVID-19: FIFA extends age limit for Tokyo Olympics

The Tokyo 2020 logo is pictured in Sagamihara on March 30, 2020. - Postponed Tokyo Olympics to open July 23, 2021, organisers said on March 30, 2020, announcing the new date after the Games were delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.FIFA has extended the age limit for the men's soccer tournament at the rescheduled Tokyo Olympics due to the coronavirus pandemic.The amended Olympic rule on Friday retains the "players born on or after Jan. 1, 1997" standard for the Tokyo Games following a one-year postponement agreed last week by the International Olympic Committee and Japanese authorities.It means players eligible for the intended under-23 tournament in 2020 can still play in Japan at age 24 next year. Men's soccer kicks off ahead of the July 23, 2021 opening ceremony in Tokyo.FIFA als...
TRANSFERS

Real Madrid plotting Move for Sporting CP goalkeeper Maximiano

Luis Maximiano of Sporting CP in action during the UEFA Europa League Round of 32 - First Leg match between Sporting CP and Istanbul Basaksehir at Estadio Jose Alvalade on February 20, 2020 in Lisbon, Portugal.Real Madrid have become the latest club to spark an interest in signing highly rated Sporting goalkeeper Luis Maximiano according to a report from Portuguese newspaper A Bola.Inter and AC Milan have both been linked with the 21-year-old shot-stopper in the past few days and the two rivals will now be competing with Los Blancos for his signature, as per this report.Maximiano has had his breakthrough season this term at Sporting with him having been their starting goalkeeper since around November time.He is currently under contract with the club until the end of the 2022/23 season and ...
BUNDESLIGA

Hansi Flick pen three-year contract with Bayern Munich as head coach

Hans-Dieter Flick (R), head coach of Bayern Muenchen, speaks to the media next to Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, CEO of FC Bayern Muenchen, during a press conference of FC Bayern Muenchen on March 13, 2020 in Munich, Germany.Bayern Munich has finally appointed Hansi Flick as their new permanent first-team manager.Amidst all the uncertainty surrounding football right now, Bayern Munich have decided to end speculation surrounding the managerial position. The defending German champions have decided to appoint Hansi Flick as their new manager.On Wednesday, FC Bayern Munich released a statement saying that Flick has penned down a new contract that will expire in 2023. The German manager was appointed as the caretaker manager after Niko Kovac left the club in November.After delivering impressive perform...
TRANSFERS

Real Madrid Keen to sign Napoli star Fabian Ruiz,says spainish Agent

Fabian Ruiz of Napoli during the football Serie A match SSC Napoli v Torino Fc at the San Paolo Stadium in Naples, Italy on February 29, 2020.Real Madrid are among the clubs ready to move for Liverpool transfer target Fabian Ruiz, the Napoli star’s agent has confirmed. The Spanish midfielder, 24, has impressed since leaving Real Betis for Serie A in 2018 and has been widely tipped to leave Naples in the summer. Liverpool are thought to be in the hunt to land him, along with Real Madrid and their bitter La Liga rivals Barcelona, while Bayern Munich and Manchester United have been impressed by his performances. And Ruiz’s agent Alvaro Torres confirmed he had informed Napoli of interest from Madrid in signing his client, who has scored two goals and provided two assists in Seri...
TRANSFERS

Fiorentina Set €100m Price Tag For Inter Target Gaetano Castrovilli

Gaetano Castrovilli of ACF Fiorentina during the Serie A match between SSC Napoli and ACF Fiorentina at Stadio San Paolo on January 18, 2020 in Naples, Italy.Fiorentina have issued a strong hands off warning to Inter with them telling the Nerazzurri that they will have to cough up no less than €100 million if they wish to sign Gaetano Castrovilli according to a report from Italian news outlet CalcioMercato.it.Castrovilli is reportedly one of Inter’s top targets for the upcoming Summer transfer window and the Nerazzurri club told Fiorentina they were willing to pay €50 million but Fiorentina president Rocco Commisso hit back and demanded twice that.Castrovilli has had a breakthrough season this term at La Viola and had cemented himself as one of the best midfielders in Serie A and one of th...
TRANSFERS

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti eye shock transfer for Real Madrid star Bale and Rodriguez

Carlo Ancelotti during the Training Session at USM Finch Farm on March 11 2020 in Halewood, England.Everton coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign James Rodriguez and Gareth Bale away from Real Madrid, according to a report published on MARCA this Friday. Ancelotti coached both players during his tenure in Real Madrid and believes that they could take Everton to another level.The Italian coach was interested in signing James for Napoli last summer but a deal could not get done. Then, Ancelotti left the club and joined Everton, who should have more money to go after both Bale and James.Neither Bale nor James are on coach Zinedine Zidane’s plans for the future and it looks like the club would be happy to get rid of both, so Everton’s potential offer should probably be considered. However, ...
SERIE A

Milan willing to sell midfielder Paqueta for €28m

2020/02/17: Lucas Paqueta of Ac Milan in action during the Serie A match between Ac Milan and Torino Fc. Ac Milan wins 1-0 over Torino Fc.After failing to express his full potential at AC Milan, Lucas Paqueta could leave the club this summer. The former Flamengo man has disappointed when given the chance and is now considered sellable by the Rossoneri, who could cash at the end of the season.According to reports, Benfica are the latest team to have joined the race for the 22-year-old's services. The management values Paqueta's qualities and he could soon become a serious market target for the club.In order to avoid making a loss, Milan will have to sell the Brazilian for at least €28m. Given the circumstances, it's possible that the clubs could work on a broader operation, as the Portugues...
BUNDESLIGA

Bayern Fined Defender Jerome Boateng for leaving the City and visiting sick son without Permission

Jerome Boateng of Bayern Muenchen looks on during a training session at Saebener Strasse training ground on March 12, 2020 in Munich, Germany.Bayern Munich have fined defender Jerome Boateng for leaving the city "without permission", an act in breach of the strict rules of confinement imposed due to the coronavirus outbreak.According to TVO television, the 31-year-old had left the city to visit his sick son and was involved in a minor road accident on Tuesday."Bayern defender Jerome Boateng left Munich yesterday without permission from the club," said the German champions in a statement."Boateng has transgressed the guidelines issued by the club by being too far away from his home."These guidelines govern the behaviour of the FC Bayern players in the current situation in line with governme...
BUNDESLIGA

Kevin De Bruyne hails Man United target Sancho as "crazy" talent

Jadon Sancho of Borussia Dortmund controls the ball during the Bundesliga match between Borussia Moenchengladbach and Borussia Dortmund at Borussia-Park on March 7, 2020 in Moenchengladbach, Germany.Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne has hailed Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho as "crazy" following their time together at the Etihad.Sancho spent two years at City between 2015 and 2017, but ultimately left for Dortmund without making a single appearance for the Premier League champions.The 20-year-old has been quick to establish himself as one of the hottest prospects in Europe since arriving in Germany, with Manchester United said to be leading the race for his signature.During an Instagram live session with Belgium team-mates Axel Witsel and Romelu Lukaku, De Bruyne said: "He is cra...
LALIGA

Barcelona set €20million price-tag for Sevilla target Ivan Rakitic

Ivan Rakitic of FC Barcelona in action during the Liga match between FC Barcelona and Real Sociedad at Camp Nou on March 07, 2020 in Barcelona, Spain.Barcelona have reportedly slapped a €20m (£17.6m) price tag on the head of Ivan Rakitic.The midfielder is widely expected to leave Camp Nou with his current deal set to expire next summer, and Rakitic is supposedly keen on a reunion with former side Sevilla.According to Marca, Barcelona are confident that they can sell the Croatia international for a €20m figure, and Rakitic will reportedly be inundated with offers should he depart the Catalan giants.The report also claims that Quique Setien's side would be open to a player-plus-cash deal for the 32-year-old, as they look to raise funds to aid their pursuit of Neymar and Lautaro Martinez.Raki...
SERIE A

Ibrahimovic : "Retirement? I haven't made up my mind yet"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic of AC Milan reacts during the Serie A match between ACF Fiorentina and AC Milan at Stadio Artemio Franchi on February 22, 2020 in Florence, Italy. Zlatan Ibrahimovic spoke to Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet to discuss a number of topics, among those the idea of his retirement from football. The idea has floated about that the striker's recent stint at Milan could be his last act, but Ibrahimovic himself is not convinced. "We will see. I still have not made up my mind yet, each day something new happens. Coronavirus was not forseeable. It's tough that the leagues have stopped but we must respect the rules and be patient."
UCL

Uefa suspend Champions League until further notice

POLAND - 2020/03/23: In this photo illustration the UEFA Champions League logo seen displayed on a smartphone.Uefa, football’s European governing body, has moved to put all competitions under its auspices on hold amid the ongoing shutdown caused by the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.Following a meeting today (Wednesday) by video conference of the 55 Uefa member associations, Uefa announced this afternoon that all Uefa Champions League and Europa League matches from the current campaign have been suspended “until further notice”.The rescheduled June play-off matches for the 2020 European Championship – a tournament already moved to the summer of 2021 – have been postponed. The play-offs involve 16 different European national sides.Qualifying matches for the Women’s Euro 2021 have also been...
TRANSFERS

Barcelona Reportedly open transfer talks with Neymar and Lautaro Martinez

Neymar Jr of Paris Saint-Germain looks on during the UEFA Champions League round of 16 second leg match between Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund at Parc des Princes on March 11, 2020 in Paris, France.Barcelona have opened negotiations with Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar and Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez.Despite suggestions that the Catalan giants must sell players before they make any significant additions, Neymar and Martinez continue to be linked with a switch to Camp Nou later in 2020.According to Sport, club officials have already began talks regarding those respective deals, aware that negotiations are likely to be complex.Neymar, who left Barcelona in 2017, has just over two years remaining on his PSG contract and is likely to cost slightly under the £200m which t...
Blogarama - Blog Directory