Silver Emmanuel – Page 462 – Football Flame    

Author: Silver Emmanuel

Football blogger
PREMIER LEAGUE

RASHFORD NEED TO EMULATE HIS TEAMMATES SUCCESS TO FORCE MOURINHO INTO PLAYING HIM

Rashford made his Manchester United debut against FC Midtjylland in February 2016 after being promoted to the starting line-up because of an injury to Anthony Martial in the warm-up. The forward was only 18, but scored twice to help United go through and having seized his opportunity, he made such an impression for the rest of the season that he forced his way into England’s Euro 2016 squad. Fast forward two years later and Rashford has gone from being England’s most exciting teenage prospect to a 20-year-old struggling to get games at Old Trafford. Incredibly, Rashford has not started a Premier League game since Boxing Day and, having started United’s last two FA Cup ties, may hope to get a run-out against Huddersfield this weekend. Whether the odd chance in the FA Cup will be enough to m...
LALIGA

GERARD PIQUE : DEFEAT AGAINST CHELSEA COULD DEVIATE BARCELONA EXCELLENT SEASON

Barcelona have drawn twice in a row in La Liga, and the defender believes that defeat against the Blues could derail their excellent season.Gerard Pique has told Barcelona to be careful of the threats posed by Chelsea ahead of next week's last-16 Champions League tie. Barcelona will be travelling to Premier League champions for the first leg of their clash on Tuesday, the Catalan giants having seen their comfortable cushion atop La Liga cut to seven points after back-to-back draws. Chelsea and Barca have a rich shared history in the Champions League, having faced each other 12 times in the tournament since 2000, most recently in the 2011-12 semi-finals. There have been four Chelsea wins to three for Barca during that time and although the Blues have made a poor attempt at defending their l...
NEWS

NEYMAR: I AM HAPPY AT PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN

Neymar said that he is happy with life in the Paris Saint Germain, according to rumours that he could be on his way to Real Madrid. The Brazil international was first linked with a surprise return to the Spanish top flight towards the end of last year and rumours have refused to go away.Real Madrid will wait until the end of next season before making an approach for Neymar, who spent four campaigns with Barcelona prior to joining PSG on a five-year deal last summer. Speaking after PSG's 3-1 defeat to Los Blancos in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie, the 26-year-old told reporters: "I have a contract with PSG. I am happy with my teammates and I only think about my story here.Nothing is decided,There is another game at home, in front of our fans, which will be very har...
UCL

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: REAL MADRID 3-1 PSG

Tottenham plans to win the champions league crashed down as Juventus scored two goals.  Son Heung-min's scrambled finish six minutes before the interval strengthened Spurs' position at Wembley after they recovered from two goals down to draw the first leg in Turin 2-2.  In the first 45 minutes, Son and Harry Kane had wasted chances for the hosts, while Juventus were denied a clear penalty when Douglas Costa was brought down by Jan Vertonghen.  Tottenham appeared to be in control until Gonzalo Higuain turned in Sami Khedira's flick to give Juventus a 64th-minute lifeline - which they capitalised on ruthlessly and Paulo Dybala raced clear for the decisive goal three minutes later. Mauricio Pochettino's side fought to revive their chances but to no avail, coming ago...
LALIGA

RONALDO: I WANT ZINEDINE ZIDANE TO DROP ONE PLAYER FOR PSG CLASH

Cristano Ronaldo is  desperate to progress in the European competition to try and save Real Madrid’s nightmare season.The La Liga champions sit fourth in the table and trail league leaders Barcelona by 17 points. Zinedine Zidane’s side are already knocked out of the Copa del Rey so their only chance of silverware is in the Champions League. Ronaldo had only scored four league goals all season until he bagged a hat-trick against Real Sociedad at the weekend.The Portugal international will be hoping to take his new-found form into the clash with PSG, but he thinks his side stand the best chance of winning if one player does not start. According to Spanish outlet Diario Gol, midfielder Isco is the player in question. Ronaldo apparently thinks that he slows the tempo of the ga...
PREMIER LEAGUE

GARY CAHILL: DEVASTATED BY RYAN MANSON RETIREMENT

Ryan Mason’s retired after he failed to recover from a serious head injury sufficiently enough to return to the pitch had “devastated” Gary Cahill, the Chelsea defender has said.Mason announced his retirement from soccer on Tuesday after he suffered a fractured skull following a head clash with Cahill while contesting a corner during Hull City’s defeat to Chelsea in January 2017.“Devastated to hear today’s news from Ryan,” Cahill said on his official Twitter account. Competing for a corner is something we’ve done thousands of times and to see those consequences for a top professional like Ryan is heartbreaking. Sending all my love to him and his family, and wishing him the best for the future.”
UCL

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: REAL MADRID VS PARIS ST GERMAIN

Real Madrid will be welcoming Paris St Germain at Bernabeu on Wednesday for the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie. The clash between two of Europe champion pits some of the best strikers in world football against each other. Real Madrid star player  Gareth Bale has been in good goal-scoring form since retuning from injury, Bale is also determined to display that his time in Madrid is not over.  Bale’s biggest problem in Spain is the amount of time he has spent on the treatment table, with injury costing him another two months this season. But he has still scored nine goals and his pace and skills can trouble the best defenders.  At 19, Mbappe is nine years younger than Bale and possesses identical explosive pace, if not the same defensive disciplin...
LALIGA

MESSI IS WORRIED ABOUT HARRY KANE MOVING TO REAL MADRID

Real Madrid want to sign Kane from Tottenham with the La Liga giants likely to miss out on the league title to Barcelona. Los Blancos currently sit a huge 19 points behind their fierce rivals, who are the top of the table, And a summer overhaul at the Bernabeu is expected. Kane is wanted as a replacement for Karim Benzema, with the France forward managing just six goals across all competitions this season. And Spanish website Don Balon say Barcelona’s Messi fears Kane moving to the Bernabeu.The England star has been in stunning form this season. His last-minute penalty against Liverpool at the weekend was his 100th Premier League goal and his 31st of the season so far. And Don Balon say Messi fears Kane’s arrival could scupper Barcelona’s chances of winning future silverware. Real are expe...
Uncategorized

XAVI REVEALED PLAYER THAT WILL REPLACE MESSI AND RONALDO AT THE TOP

It’s a sad feeling knowing that Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo will both have to retire from professional football one day. Both players, who have each win five Ballon d’Or awards, are in their 30s and Ronaldo has started to show signs of a decline this season. The Real Madrid star has scored just eight goals in 17 La Liga matches this season and appears vincible for the first time in a long time. Whichever player breaks their dominance will go down in history and Spanish legend Xavi thinks he knows who it will be. The former Barcelona midfielder believes Neymar will be the next player not named Messi or Ronaldo to scoop the biggest individual prize in football, and he believes the Brazilian will battle with PSG teammate Mbappe to be the best player in the world for years t...
PREMIER LEAGUE

GUARDIOLA FLOPPED WITH GREAT £65m MAN CITY BID FOR TRANSFER TARGET

Man City spent big money on Aymeric Laporte last month, but according to reports he wasn’t Pep Guardiola’s top choice after a bid for Milan Skriniar was rejected. The 22-year-old only joined Inter last summer, but having previously impressed for Sampdoria, the Slovakian international has continued that form at the San Siro to emerge as a key figure for Luciano Spalletti’s side. According to Calciomercato though, it could have been a very short stay had Guardiola had his way, with Man City said to have launched a €65m for Skriniar during the January transfer window. However, such is his importance to the side, that bid was rejected and City went on to splash out £57m on Laporte instead. The Premier League leaders could still choose to revisit their interest in t...
PREMIER LEAGUE

CHELSEA STAR PLAYER AVOW THAT HE COULD LEAVE FOR REAL MADRID

Thiubaut Courtois is considered to be one of the world’s top goalkeepers and he has played a key role in Chelsea FC’s most recent two Premier League title triumphs. The Belgian is currently in talks with Chelsea FC about the possibility of extending his contract at Stamford Bridge but it remains to be seen if he will commit to a new deal. Courtois lived in the Spanish capital when playing for Atletico between 2011 and 2014 and his ex-girlfriend and two children still live there. And the goalkeeper has now admitted that a possible move back to the Spanish capital could be very tempting for him for personal reasons.Courtois spoke with Belgian magazine Sport, Courtois said: “If Real is really interested, my personal situation could affect, yes.“The family aspect, it is...
TRANSFERS

FOOTBALL AGENT: ARSENAL PLANS TO MAKE MAURIZIO SARRI AS ARSENE WENGER SUCCESSOR

Federico Pastorello is Antonio conte agent he spoke to Italian media outlet TuttoSport, and said that the Gunners are lining up Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri as Arsene Wenger's eventual successor at the Emirates. Arsene Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal since 1996, and has led his team to three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups, although his contract is due to expire in the summer of 2019. Many fans believe that next season will be his last in north London, but quite who will replace him remains to be seen. Maurizio Sarri has worked wonders in his role as Napoli boss this season, guiding his side to the top of Serie A, and implementing his own brand of expansive, free-flowing football in the process.  His management style and philosophy seems ideally suited to Arsenal's vision f...
TRANSFERS

MANCHESTER UNITED AND LIVERPOOL BATTLE TO SIGN BORUSSIA DORTMUND STAR PLAYER

Christian Pulisic from Borussia Dortmund is attracting interest from Liverpool and Manchester United. The Anfield club, Red Devils and Bayern Munich are all chasing the US international. Pulisic, 19, has come through the development system at BVB. The club's director Michael Zorc is set to meet with Pulisic and has admitted he has no intention of parting with the young midfielder in 2018.“We plan well beyond the summer with him,” Zorc has declared.In 19 league appearances, the 19-year-old has scored three goals and assisted twice on top of his one strike in the DFL-Supercup.Pulisic could be a long-term replacement for the Barcelona departed Philippe Coutinho. While the report suggests Jose Mourinho is still interested in the winger, it is worth noting the United manager stated ...
SERIE A

DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA SET TO UNVEIL CLARENCE SEEDORF AS THEIR NEW MANAGER

Deportivo La Coruna are planning to declare Clarence Seedorf as their new head coach today.The former AC Milan and Real Madrid midfielder became the favourite for the position after Martin Lasarte and Diego Alonso pulled out of the running for the job. The 41-year-old will be officially unveiled on Monday afternoon and will take charge of first team affairs on Tuesday.  Deportivo sacked manager Cristobal Parralo after suffering a humiliating 5-0 defeat at the hands of Real Sociedad on Sunday.  Parralo replaced Pepe Mel earlier this season but has left the Spanish side in a relegation battle. Seedorf's previous experience as a manager came when he was in charge of AC Milan in 2014, where he won half of the 22 games he managed.The Dutch legend also coached Chinese side Shenzhen in ...
BUNDESLIGA

ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI COMMENT ON AUBAMEYANG DECISION TO JOIN ARSENAL

Arsenal manager has confirmed to sign Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang just a week later. The 28-year-old’s decision to leave the Bundesliga has brought an end to a highly competitive relationship he had with fellow goalscorer Robert Lewandowski. Aubameyang spent some time with the Polish striker at Dortmund before Lewandowski’s move to Bayern Munich saw them get involved in a hard-fought battle over who would win the title of the German top-flight’s top scorer, season after season.Last term, Aubemayang came out on top in his challenge with Lewandowski as he finished the Bundesliga campaign as top scorer with 31 goals. And in the season before, only five goals separated the duo on the scoring charts. Thus, the sight of Aubemayang arriving in Englanddefinitely moved Lewandowski who took to Twitter...
LALIGA

LA LIGA: LEVANTE VS REAL MADRID, 2-2

Real Madrid had a draw 2-2 with Levante today in  La Liga clash. Los Blancos entered the match looking to build on their impressive victory at Valencia last weekend, but veteran Italian forward Giampaolo Pazzini came off the bench to net a late equaliser on his Levante debut.The result means that Zinedine Zidane's side missed the chance to move above Valencia into third position in the table, while Levante have moved three points clear of the relegation zone. Sergio Ramos returned for a Real Madrid team that once again had Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema in the final third of the field. Marcelo had the away side's first half-chance of the match in the sixth minute, but the left-back missed the target from a narrow angle. Marcelo had another super chance in the 11th mi...
PREMIER LEAGUE

BURNLEY VS MANCHESTER CITY, 1-1

Manchester City took the lead as Danilo smashed in a beautiful curling effort to open the scoring in style. Then, Johann Berg Gudmundsson scored a late equaliser as Burnley had a 1-1 draw against Manchester City at Turf Moor. Danilo had looked like proving an unlikely match-winner for Pep Guardiola's side with a fine strike after 22 minutes of an otherwise frustrating day for City.But after Raheem Sterling spurned a gilt-edged chance to put the game beyond doubt, the Clarets grew in confidence and earned their reward when Gudmundsson turned in Matt Lowton's deep cross. Man City will rue their failure to make the most of their openings, with Sterling's opportunity one of a number to pass them by. Burnley, for their part, were well organised throughout and they had already hit the woodwork t...
PREMIER LEAGUE

LUKAKU: SANCHEZ WAS DESTINED TO SIGN FOR MANCHESTER UNITED

Romelu Lukaku says Alexis Sanchez was destined to sign for Manchester United but has no fears regarding the competition for places he poses.Lukaku told Sky Sports on a high-profile addition and what it could mean for him: "I work hard and do everything to make sure I am in the starting line-up. It is the manager's choice [if I am picked], but he knows what I can do for the team - I score goals and give assists and I think in my short time here I have been important for the team." Sanchez is a Manchester United player - he was destined to play here. He deserves to be on the big stage. It was something he wanted as well."He has a lot of experience after playing for Barcelona and Arsenal. I admire the quality he has on the ball, but especially his will to win. People were criticising him for ...
PREMIER LEAGUE

CHELSEA DEFENDER ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN WILL NOT FEATURE AGAINST WATFORD

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has revealed that Andreas Christensen will not play against Watford on Monday night.While playing with  Bournemouth on Wednesday, Christensen sustained a hamstring injury and was immediately substituted by Conte.At his pre-match press conference, Conte confirmed to reporters that the Dane would be absent from his squad for the fixture at Vicarage Road, but insisted that the 21-year-old's issue was not as bad as first feared.After the Watford encounter, Chelsea face home contests with West Bromwich Albion and Hull City in the Premier League and FA Cup respectively before Barcelona visit Stamford Bridge in the Champions League on February 20.Christensen has made a total of 29 appearances in all competitions during the current campaign.
LALIGA

BARCELONA PUBLISHED THEIR SQUAD FOR COPA DEL REY SEMI-FINAL AGAINST VALENCIA

Barcelona released their squad for Copa del Rey semi-final and they’ll face Valencia at Camp Nou in the first leg of the semi-final, and Ernesto Valverde has called up 18 players to be in uniform on Thursday night.GOAL KEEPERS: 1. Marc-André ter Stegen, 13. Jasper CillessenDEFENDERS: 3. Gerard Piqué, 18. Jordi Alba, 19. Lucas Digne, 20. Sergi Roberto, 23. Samuel Umtiti, 24. Yerry MinaMIDFIELDER S: 4. Ivan Rakitic, 5. Sergio Busquets, 6. Denis Suarez, 8. Andrés Iniesta, 14. Philippe Coutinho, 15. Paulinho Bezerra, 22. Aleix VidalFORWARD: 9. Luis Suárez, 10. Lionel Messi, 17. Paco Alcácer
Blogarama - Blog Directory