LALIGA    

LALIGA

FC Barcelona star admits he considered leaving the club
LALIGA

FC Barcelona star admits he considered leaving the club

FC Barcelona star Raphinha admitted to RAC1 that he considered leaving the club at one point of his two-year tenure in Catalonia. The Brazilian is the man of the hour with three goals and two assists thus far, which have helped Barca maintain a 100% record across four games in 2024/2025 under Hansi Flick. He appears to be a new player on Flick's watch, who is finally starting to live up to his reported $66 million (€60 million) price tag which Barca met to snatch him away from Leeds United in 2022. Things weren't always so rosy, however, and Raphinha admitted that he once considered calling it a day with the Blaugrana."Did I consider leaving? Yes," Raphinha confessed to RAC1. "The first six months were complicated for me and my family. After the World Cup I improved and I was able...
Real Madrid suffer triple injury blow to add to Bellingham woes
LALIGA

Real Madrid suffer triple injury blow to add to Bellingham woes

Things are going from bad to worse this season for Real Madrid, who were already reeling from an injury to their talisman, Jude Bellingham. The Englishman is expected to be out for another few weeks at least, and with La Liga rivals, Barcelona, already four points ahead of them after just three games, the last thing Carlo Ancelotti needed was more injury concerns to deal with. Ceballos, Mendy and Tchouameni all out alongside Bellingham for Real Madrid According to transfer expert, Fabrizio Romano, all of Dani Ceballos, Ferland Mendy and Aurelien Tchouameni are injured, with perhaps the only saving grace being that for the next couple of weeks there’s an international break. In exactly two week’s time, Los Blancos play Stuttgart in the opening match of their defence of the Champ...
Nagelsmann confirms Ter Stegen is Germany’s new No. 1
LALIGA

Nagelsmann confirms Ter Stegen is Germany’s new No. 1

Germany boss Julian Nagelsmann has confirmed that Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen will be the national team’s new No. 1. Ter Stegen will finally get his chance after Manuel Neuer announced his retirement in the wake of this summer’s European Championship. Nagelsmann says he has no doubts that Ter Stegen is the right man for the job.“Marc-André is the new number one. He has been a captain in Barcelona for several years and is the clear number one there,” he told reporters. “He’s the same with us. I don’t want to artificially heat up the competition behind him. Oliver Baumann played very well last season and also made a good impression during the European Championship. “Alexander Nübel also performed well in Stuttgart last year. The battle behind him is open, including...
Kylian Mbappe gets off the mark in LaLiga with brace
LALIGA

Kylian Mbappe gets off the mark in LaLiga with brace

Kylian Mbappe opened his LaLiga account at the fourth time of asking with a brace to fire Real Madrid to a 2-0 home win over Real Betis. Mbappe had failed to score in Madrid's opening three league fixtures, which resulted in the champions dropping points at Mallorca and Las Palmas. It was a different story on Sunday, with a sumptuous Federico Valverde flick able to set up Mbappe to power home in the 67th minute. He then made it 2-0 eight minutes later from the penalty spot to clinch all three points at Santiago Bernabeu. Mbappe had failed to find the net in his first three LaLiga matches but netted on his first appearance for his new club in the UEFA Super Cup final. Vinicius Jr won the spot-kick but gave it to his to his team-mate, who made no mistake. Prior to the game, manager Ca...
Raphinha hat-trick as Barcelona rout Valladolid 7-0
LALIGA

Raphinha hat-trick as Barcelona rout Valladolid 7-0

Brazil winger Raphinha scored a hat-trick as Barcelona thrashed Real Valladolid 7-0 on Saturday to make it four wins from four in La Liga under new coach Hansi Flick. While bitter rivals Real Madrid have stumbled early following the much-trumpeted arrival of Kylian Mbappe, Barcelona are off to a flying start despite their continued financial difficulties. They are also missing Frenkie de Jong, Gavi and Ronald Araujo but have a maximum 12 points heading into the international break, leaving them seven clear of Madrid who face Real Betis today. “We’re growing as a team. I think it’s a very good start to the season,” said Barcelona captain Marc-Andre ter Stegen. “I’m proud of how things are going... hopefully we can continue like that in the next weeks.” Barcelona’s best start to a La Lig...
Predicted Barcelona lineup against Real Valladolid: Olmo set for full debut; Fermin Lopez in for Bernal
LALIGA

Predicted Barcelona lineup against Real Valladolid: Olmo set for full debut; Fermin Lopez in for Bernal

Dani Olmo will make his first start for Barcelona against Real Valladolid, while Fermin Lopez will replace the injured Marc Bernal on Saturday.Barcelona will aim to continue the perfect start to the 2024/25 season when they welcome Real Valladolid to Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys on Saturday evening. Hansi Flick has a new injury concern that is hampering his preparations ahead of his side’s latest fixture.Marc Bernal sustained a long-term knee injury that will keep him on the sidelines for nearly 12 months. So, the young midfielder’s season has prematurely ended as he gets set for a long road to recovery. Bernal has joined Andreas Christensen, Ronald Araujo, Eric Garcia, Gavi, Frenkie de Jong, and Ansu Fati on the sidelines. Meanwhile, Flick discussed Bernal’s injury and the impact ...
La Liga: Real Madrid need clearer strategy, more clarity, says Carlo Ancelotti
LALIGA

La Liga: Real Madrid need clearer strategy, more clarity, says Carlo Ancelotti

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti said on Thursday there was no excuse for his side's slow start to the La Liga season.Forward Vinicius Jr fired in a second-half penalty to cancel out Alberto Moleiro's early opener as the Spanish giants salvaged a nervy 1-1 draw. Ancelotti said he expected his team to play better together and blamed himself, saying that he needs to work harder and do a better job."It is clear that we are struggling to find the soundness of last season. But we must not look for excuses. The schedule is tight and we have to recover quickly as we have a game on Sunday," Ancelotti told a news conference. "I need to have a clearer strategy, to give the players more clarity in what I want. It's costing us more than we thought."After only one win in three matches to start...
Official: Barcelona sign Ruben Lopez
LALIGA

Official: Barcelona sign Ruben Lopez

La Liga giants Barcelona have on Friday added to the club’s midfield options, at youth level. This comes by way of the signing of Ruben Lopez, from Deportivo de la Coruña. López, for his part, is a 20-year-old midfielder, who has long been held in high regard at parent club Deportivo. The Spaniard possesses a host of impressive individual traits, allowing López to line out in a number of positions between midfield and attack. Amid their ongoing search for reinforcements to Barca Atlètic boss Albert Sánchez’s ranks, the brass at the Camp Nou, in turn, recently made contact with their counterparts in Galicia. And, as alluded to above, on Friday, the discussions between the two clubs have officially borne fruit. As per a statement across the website and social media platforms of Barca A...
Dani Olmo reveals how Deco and Hansi Flick paved his path to Barcelona
LALIGA

Dani Olmo reveals how Deco and Hansi Flick paved his path to Barcelona

It’s been a few days since Barcelona’s impressive 2-1 win over Rayo Vallecano and the biggest talking point from the game after Marc Bernal’s unfortunate ACL injury was the incredible debut of Dani Olmo. The 26-year-old Spaniard came on in the second half for Ferran Torres and completely changed the game on its head. He scored the matchwinner for Barcelona but even otherwise, his general play was outstanding. If this is a sign of things to come, Barcelona fans will certainly be excited. Olmo had an excellent sync with the rest of his teammates and one would have thought that the 26-year-old has been playing at the club for years. Barcelona signed Olmo from RB Leipzig for around €60m. The ex-La Masia graduate returned to his boyhood club in what was a marquee transfer. Even after coming ...
Mbappe scoreless again as Real held to another draw
LALIGA

Mbappe scoreless again as Real held to another draw

Kylian Mbappe remains scoreless in the Spanish league for Real Madrid as the defending champions settled for a 1-1 draw at Las Palmas. Mbappé, Madrid's biggest signing in years, has only scored for the powerhouse in the team's UEFA Super Cup victory against Atalanta earlier this month. It was Vinicius Junior who scored for Madrid, who beat Valladolid 3-0 in the previous round but opened their title defence with a 1-1 draw at Mallorca. Vinicius found the net on Thursday for his first league goal this season by converting a 69th-minute penalty kick after a handball inside the area. The hosts had taken the lead five minutes into the match after Alberto Moleiro got past a couple of defenders before finding the net from inside the area. Barcelona on Tuesday became the only team with three ...
Official: Barça sell Alarcon to Porto
LALIGA

Official: Barça sell Alarcon to Porto

Barcelona have reached agreement with FC Porto for the sale of 20-year-old striker Angel Alarcon for an undisclosed fee, the club announced on Thursday. Barça confirmed in their statement they will keep 50% of the player’s rights, which means they’ll receive half of the profits from a future sale. Alarcón became a hot prospect two years ago when Xavi Hernández first took charge of the first team and looked to have a real chance to make the senior side before a number of injuries, including a serious knee issue, slowed down the striker’s progress. Then the emergence of players such as Lamine Yamal and Pau Víctor both in the first team and at Barça Atlètic last season blocked Alarcón’s path to real playing time for the Catalans, and he now moves to Portugal in search of consistent minute...
Barcelona prodigy is already thinking about ‘recovery’ after horrific injury
LALIGA

Barcelona prodigy is already thinking about ‘recovery’ after horrific injury

Despite the win over Rayo Vallecano, the last 24 hours have not been good for a Barcelona fan. Their worst fears were confirmed when 17-year-old La Masia prodigy Marc Bernal was confirmed to have torn the ACL on his left knee. The entire Barcelona contingent was hoping against hope that the prognosis would be different from what was initially feared but unfortunately, that was not the case. Messages of gratitude poured from the footballing fraternity for Bernal. Just 17 years of age, Bernal looked like the next big thing coming out of La Masia. He was incredible in Barcelona’s three games so far and even against Rayo, he had a brilliant second half that would have made Sergio Busquets proud. It’s such a shame that the talented youngster’s campaign had to be cut short prematurely b...
Carlo Ancelotti is not worried about Kylian Mbappe’s slow start
LALIGA

Carlo Ancelotti is not worried about Kylian Mbappe’s slow start

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is not worried about Kylian Mbappe's start at the club after the France striker failed to score in his opening two league games. Mbappe, 25, joined the LaLiga and Champions League winners as a free agent from Paris St Germain in June, bringing an end to a transfer saga that had rumbled on for years. Despite making a promising start by scoring on his debut to help Real earn a 2-0 win over Europa League champions Atalanta in the UEFA Super Cup final two weeks ago, Mbappe has yet to find the net in two LaLiga games with Real and struggled in a draw at Mallorca and in a dour home win against Real Valladolid. "His last goal was on August 14th. It has only been two weeks since, that is no reason to worry. Neither we are not worried as a club, nor him,...
Hansi Flick shares his honest verdict on Dani Olmo’s debut for Barcelona
LALIGA

Hansi Flick shares his honest verdict on Dani Olmo’s debut for Barcelona

Barcelona’s first 45 minutes against Rayo lacked spark and imagination. On a difficult ground that hasn’t favored the club in recent seasons, Hansi Flick’s team looked out of ideas after conceding an early goal. Things changed at half-time when the German coach took off Ferran Torres to bring on Dani Olmo. Coming on for his debut, the 26-year-old midfield star changed the complexion of the game and looked sharp with every touch on the pitch. Eventually, it was Olmo who netted the match-winner after Lamine Yamal’s cut-back found him in space inside the box. The ex-RB Leipzig man cut inside on his left foot and produced a Lionel Messi-esque finish on debut. Hansi Flick was understandably happy with the 26-year-old’s debut performance against Rayo. As quoted by Mundo Deportivo, the G...
Barcelona fear Marc Bernal suffered ACL injury vs. Vallecano – source
LALIGA

Barcelona fear Marc Bernal suffered ACL injury vs. Vallecano – source

Barcelona suspect midfielder Marc Bernal suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in Tuesday's 2-1 win against Rayo Vallecano and could miss the majority of the season, a source told Football Flame. Bernal, 17, was forced off in the final minutes of the match in Vallecas as Barça came from behind to make it three wins from three to start the new campaign in LaLiga. However, the injury to Bernal tainted the victory, with coach Hansi Flick saying the youngster will undergo tests on Wednesday but confirming that he fears the worst. "It's a sad victory because Marc Bernal is injured and it looks not so good," Flick said in a news conference after the game. "We have to wait and see how heavy it is. We win, it's OK, but when you see the dressing room nobody is happy."It's not go...
RB Leipzig believe they can keep Xavi Simons long-term
LALIGA

RB Leipzig believe they can keep Xavi Simons long-term

A matter of months ago, there were questions surrounding Xavi Simons’ future amid interest from Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig. In a battle for the Dutchman’s signature, there was a belief that Der Rekordmeister would prevail, leaving Die Roten Bullen behind. However, Simons, like a number of different players this summer, elected to reject a move to Bavaria. This was undoubtedly frustrating for the record champions, but with Simons’ return to Leipzig being just another loan deal, there is a sense that securing his signature on a permanent deal in 2025 will be possible. Nevertheless, there is a belief within the Leipzig camp that they will be able to not just compete with Bayern but beat them to Simons’ signature next summer. Speaking about a permanent move for Simons, Die Roten Bullen’...
Carlo Ancelotti confirms Andriy Lunin transfer decision
LALIGA

Carlo Ancelotti confirms Andriy Lunin transfer decision

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Andriy Lunin is set to stay at Real Madrid this season despite his contract running out next year. The Ukrainian goalkeeper stepped into the void left by the injured Thibaut Courtois last year, taking the gloves from previous back-up option Kepa Arrizabalaga and making some vital saves on the club's way to a La Liga and Champions League double. Andriy Lunin goalkeeper of Real Madrid and Ukraine during the warm-up before the La Liga match between RCD Mallorca and Real Madrid CF at Estadi de Son Moix on August 18, 2024 in Mallorca, Spain. (Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images) Lunin made no secret of his desire to play regular first-team football over the summer but recently made a decision on his future, reportedly being ready t...
Hansi Flick opens up on €30m player’s departure from Barcelona
LALIGA

Hansi Flick opens up on €30m player’s departure from Barcelona

Today, FC Barcelona announced the departure of two of their players on loan, Vitor Roque and Clement Lenglet. The Brazilian youngster has left the Catalan side to join the La Liga club Real Betis, while Lenglet is also going to stay in Spain as he has joined Atletico Madrid on a year-long loan. SANT JOAN DESPI, SPAIN - AUGUST 26: Hansi Flick, head coach of FC Barcelona, attends his press conference ahead the Spanish League, La Liga EA Sports, football match against Rayo Vallecano at Ciudad Esportiva Joan Gamper on August 26, 2024 in Sant Joan Despi, Barcelona, Spain. (Photo By Javier Borrego/Europa Press via Getty Images) Real Betis have the option to buy Vitor Roque at the end of this loan, but among these two players, it is clearly Roque who has a better chance of returning and mak...
Diego Simeone confident over Julian Alvarez impact at Atletico Madrid
LALIGA

Diego Simeone confident over Julian Alvarez impact at Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone is ready to bring his summer signings together in the coming weeks. Simeone has opted to bolster his squad this summer with new signings in his attack and Los Rojiblancos secured a first La Liga win of the season at home to Girona. Simeone will be looking to use that as a platform to build on in the coming weeks and he reserved special praise for fellow Argentinian Julian Alvarez. Alvarez made his first start for his new team against Girona, and despite not scoring, he impressed as part of a rotated line up for Simeone. “Julian worked a lot for the team, took up positions so we could recover the ball and counter attack”, as per reports from Diario AS. “He played a role in the second goal, and of course he wants to score like Sorloth, he’ll get there....
Kylian Mbappe wants more after Real Madrid home debut
LALIGA

Kylian Mbappe wants more after Real Madrid home debut

Kylian Mbappe is ready for more following his Real Madrid home debut. The France captain has secured an unbeaten start to life as a Los Blancos player following his summer move to the Spanish capital. Mbappe is yet to score as a Real Madrid star as Los Blancos secured their first league win of the campaign against Real Valladolid. In front of the home fans for the first time, Mbappe showed flashes of his talent, but he is yet to find the net in the famous white shirt. Carlo Ancelotti has backed his new No.9 to change that in the coming weeks and Mbappe’s record suggests it will not take long to do so.. However, the occasion was not missed by Mbappe, as he prepares to start a new chapter in Madrid, in the coming months. “Thank you for this moment, for the team, and for me. It’s a grea...
Nottingham forest vs manchester city 0 2 : premier league. Kim kardashian opens up about raising her & kanye west's four kids 'basically. uefa chamipons league live stream.
Blogarama - Blog Directory