Blog    

Saka ruled out for weeks with hamstring injury
PREMIER LEAGUE

Saka ruled out for weeks with hamstring injury

Bukayo Saka Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka's latest hamstring injury will keep him out for "a few weeks," manager Mikel Arteta said Friday ahead of the Premier League game at Liverpool. Sunday's match at Anfield is an early clash of title contenders, but the Gunners face the defending champion saddled with injuries to key players, including captain Martin Odegaard. The midfielder hurt his shoulder during Arsenal's 5-0 victory over Leeds last weekend."He hasn´t trained yet, and if he does it will be tomorrow," Arteta said. "He´s doing everything he can, we´re doing everything that we can to make him available, but we´ll have to wait and see tomorrow. ... if everything goes well, he can cope with it. "This week, Odegaard was summoned by Norway for upcoming matches.Saka, who also ...
football news: Alexander-Arnold left out of latest England squad
NEWS

football news: Alexander-Arnold left out of latest England squad

Trent Alexander-Arnold England manager Thomas Tuchel has named his 24-man squad for next month's World Cup qualifying matches against Andorra and Serbia. Real Madrid midfielder Trent Alexander-Arnold, who left Liverpool over the summer, has been dropped from the latest squad. However, it was better news for Nottingham Forest midfielder Elliot Anderson and Tottenham full-back Djed Spence, who both received their first England call-ups. Marcus Rashford, John Stones and Adam Wharton have also been recalled to the squad. Former Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold made his England debut in 2018 and has 34 caps and four goals to his name.He featured in Tuchel's previous squad however he has been left out this time round. Another omission is attacker Jack Grealish, who s...
Nottingham Forest eye Getafe goalkeeper
PREMIER LEAGUE

Nottingham Forest eye Getafe goalkeeper

David Soria Getafe goalkeeper David Soria is now a priority target for Nottingham Forest and the Premier League club are pushing to sign the Spaniard. The City Ground outfit are looking to introduce some key faces through the door before the window closes for business on Monday. Forest have a deal in place with Juventus for 22-year-old Italian full-back Nicolo Savona, who they are planning to put through his medical tests today. Signing a full-back has been very high on their agenda, but getting a quality goalkeeper has been equally important. With Savona set to become a new Nottingham Forest player, the Premier League side are fully concentrated on a goalkeeper in the dying embers of the summer window. Getafe number 1 Soria has been the top choice in recent days, and acco...
man united news and transfer
TRANSFERS

man united news and transfer

man united Manchester United are close to an agreement with Napoli to loan out Rasmus Hojlund with an obligation to buy around £40million.The club are also in a similar negotiating position with Real Betis for winger Antony. As reported by Daily Mail Sport this week, Napoli stepped up talks to sign Hojlund, who has been told by Ruben Amorim he will receive limited minutes this season. The frontman is open to joining permanently and will step in to fill the void left behind by Romelu Lukaku, who will miss several months due to a thigh injury. AC Milan are also in the race and it is understood they offered a £4.5m loan fee with an option to buy for £39m last week. Fulham also showed a tentative interest. Hojlund had dug in his heels and wanted to fight for his place despite...
man utd news: Onana dropped, Sesko to start vs Burnley
PREMIER LEAGUE

man utd news: Onana dropped, Sesko to start vs Burnley

Andre Onana Under-fire Manchester United head coach Ruben Amorim is expected to make multiple changes to his starting lineup for Saturday’s Premier League clash with Burnley at Old Trafford. The Red Devils suffered an embarrassing EFL Cup second-round exit on Wednesday, losing on penalties to fourth-tier side Grimsby Town, with Amorim making eight changes to the team that began the 1-1 draw at Fulham in the Premier League last weekend. Andre Onana was recalled between the sticks, but the mistake-prone goalkeeper did not cover himself in glory against Grimsby and Amorim may decide to recall Altay Bayindir - who has also endured a shake start to the new season - or Tom Heaton. Harry Maguire scored a late equaliser to force the midweek tie to penalties, but he could be replaced in...
Bundesliga updates Nigeria
BUNDESLIGA

Bundesliga updates Nigeria

Lennart Karl Vincent Kompany impressed by Lennart Karl’s first Bayern Munich start In Vincent Kompany’s inaugural season as the manager at Bayern Munich, the first two rounds of the DFB-Pokal could not have gone smoother. Bayern coasted to a pair of 4-0 wins and all was well in the world. The last two games have induced a new level of stress for Bayern fans. In last year’s third round, Bayern was eliminated in a 1-0 defeat at the hands of rival Bayer Leverkusen after Manuel Neuer was marched off the pitch after his first career red card. In this year’s first round, Bayern blew a 2-0 lead against third division side, SV Wehen Wiesbaden, before a stoppage time goal from Harry Kane pushed the Bavarians through to the second round. One of the quieter storylines on the evenin...
Real Madrid line up offer for Konate’s defensive partner
LALIGA

Real Madrid line up offer for Konate’s defensive partner

Ibrahima Konate Liverpool are facing a contract crisis over Ibrahima Konate.The Reds signed him from RB Leipzig for around £35m back in 2021. It took the Frenchman quite a while to establish himself - but last season he formed part of an excellent partnership with Virgil van Dijk. That was the foundation for Liverpool’s 2024/25 Premier League title win - with Konate’s form meaning concerns were raised over the 26-year-old’s expiring contract. With the France international out of contract in 2026, Liverpool were put under significant pressure to get a renewal sorted. But it’s not been so easy to convince Konate to sign a renewal at Anfield. It’s been claimed that he wants around £200k to sign - but even so it’s not guaranteed he’d be tempted to extend.That’s because Real Madrid ...
Newcastle United make drastic changes to team sheet to face Leeds
PREMIER LEAGUE

Newcastle United make drastic changes to team sheet to face Leeds

Eddie Howe Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe has both Jacob Ramsey and Malick Thiaw on standby to make their full debuts against Leeds on Saturday night. Putting aside the Alexander Isak saga, Newcastle are now in real danger of looking depleted before the first international break of the season comes around. The powderkeg encounter at Elland Road offers the next opportunity to take three points for the first time since May 11 when Chelsea were beaten 2-0 at St James' Park. Newcastle have stumbled into a winless Premier League run and have not won in four top-flight matches across the end of last season and start of the new campaign following a defeat against Liverpool on Monday night. A behind closed doors win against Carlisle back in July is all Newcastle had to shout about...
Serie A news Nigeria
SERIE A

Serie A news Nigeria

Andreas Christensen Milan to splash €30m on Barca defender AC Milan are reportedly prepared to spend €30m (£26m) to sign Barcelona defender Andreas Christensen. The Blaugrana are believed to be looking to sell a first-team player to help meet La Liga's Financial Fair Play rules and finalise the registrations of all of their unregistered players. Marc Casado was linked with a move away, before Barcelona boss sent a clear message to the club's hierarchy by starting him in Saturday's clash with Levante. Attacking midfielder Fermin Lopez has emerged as a contender for a potential sale, with Chelsea believed to be evaluating a move for the Spain international. However, Flick is also reluctant to lose someone of Fermin's quality, especially as he adds valuable depth to the numbe...
Latest football updates Nigeria
NEWS

Latest football updates Nigeria

Stanley Nwabali Nigeria’s preparations for next month’s FIFA World Cup qualifiers may have suffered a major setback following an injury to first-choice goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali, Soccernet.ng reports. The 29-year-old Chippa United shot-stopper, who has established himself as Nigeria’s number one since the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, was forced off injured on Tuesday night during a South African Premier Division clash against Richards Bay. Nwabali lasted just 35 minutes before being stretchered off, raising immediate concerns over his availability for September’s crucial fixtures. Nigeria are in desperate need of results as they attempt to revive a faltering qualification campaign for the 2026 World Cup. The Super Eagles currently sit fourth in Group C with only two poi...
Trending football news Nigeria
NEWS

Trending football news Nigeria

Carney Chukwuemeka Eric Chelle has not initiated discussions with Carney Chukwuemeka regarding a potential switch of international allegiance to Nigeria. The Borussia Dortmund new signing, born in Eisenstadt, is eligible to represent three nations at senior level — Nigeria, England and Austria. His international future has been the subject of speculation, with both the Nigeria Football Federation and Chelle reportedly monitoring his situation ahead of the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations. Despite the interest, no approach has been made to the midfielder or his representatives to persuade him to commit to the Super Eagles. Chukwuemeka is currently provisionally cap-tied to England, having played a key role in their triumph at the 2022 European U19 Championship.A switch to Nigeria ...
Man Utd: Amorim fumes after Carabao cup loss
PREMIER LEAGUE

Man Utd: Amorim fumes after Carabao cup loss

Ruben Amorim Ruben Amorim hit out at his Manchester United players and said the "best team won" after the Premier League side suffered a Carabao Cup humiliation by losing to EFL League Two club Grimsby Town. Despite fighting back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Blundell Park, United suffered a 12-11 penalty shootout defeat after misses by summer signings Bryan Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha. Goalkeeper André Onana only saved one Grimsby penalty.The defeat was the first time United have lost a Carabao Cup tie against a fourth-tier team and it means they suffered a round two exit for the first time since 2014. But after taking one point from two Premier League games so far this season, Amorim criticized his players and hinted at a poor attitude still being an issue within his squad."...
Uncategorized

manchester united football transfer news

Bruno Fernandes Manchester United could be tempted to sell captain Bruno Fernandes if they receive a bid of more than £100million, according to reports. Fernandes rejected the chance to join Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal earlier this summer. Al-Hilal were willing to pay Fernandes £700,000-a-week, which would have seen him around £200m for the duration of a three-year contract. Despite this, another Saudi Pro League side have made a late approach for Fernandes this summer. Al-Ittihad are said to have held positive talks with Fernandes' representatives about a potential move and a new report from the Daily Mail claims that an offer in excess of £100m could persuade United to cash in. Although the report states that Fernandes does not plan on leaving this summer as he wants to avoid any up...
football transfer update :Maty Ryan signs with Levante
TRANSFERS

football transfer update :Maty Ryan signs with Levante

Maty Ryan Subway Socceroos captain Maty Ryan has a new home, agreeing to join newly promoted La Liga outfit Levante as a free agent. Ryan has signed for the 2025/26 season with an option for a second year, returning to the Spanish top-flight having experienced spells with cross-town rivals Valencia CF as well as Real Sociedad. The 33-year-old had been unattached following the conclusion of his sixth-month contract with RC Lens in Ligue 1 where he arrived from AS Roma. At Lens he kept six clean sheets in 14 matches. He is now hoping his latest move will provide the best chance of regular playing time ahead of the FIFA World Cup 2026™. Levante will be Ryan's 11th European club since leaving the Central Coast Mariners in 2013 which has seen him ply his trade in Belgium, Spain, England, Den...
Kim Min-jae set to stay at Bayern Munich
BUNDESLIGA

Kim Min-jae set to stay at Bayern Munich

Kim Min-jae The first two competitive games of the season have seen Bayern Munich excel in the attack, with all forwards chipping in with a goal or an assist. From a defensive point of view, Bayern have looked slightly shaky but still managed to earn one clean sheet and only conceded a consolation goal against Stuttgart in the Supercup.As the season progresses, Bayern will get better defensively. The Bavarian club has no plans to add a new player to the defense during the final week of the summer transfer window. There will be no last-minute departure from the defensive department of the squad. According to Bild, Kim Min-jae is set to stay at Bayern this summer. The South Korean defender is eager to stay in Munich despite the club’s stance of listening to offers for him this s...
news on manchester united
PREMIER LEAGUE

news on manchester united

Amorim When a team changes manager and the dust settles following the initial hysteria, often one of the first questions to be asked is which players will benefit most from the new man's arrival. If a manager can start to get a tune out of an expensive recruit who has so far failed to prove their worth, they've instant credit in the bank from fans and those within the club's hierarchy. But there's a lot more to it than 'they played well under them before and so this time should be no different'. Take Erik ten Hag's arrival at United as an example. The Dutchman was keen to surround himself with home comforts, regularly targeting players either from, or who had spent time in, the Eredivisie. Yet, having inherited a player he had coached previously at Ajax in Donny van de Beek, he failed t...
transfer news: Everton signs Tyler Dibling
TRANSFERS

transfer news: Everton signs Tyler Dibling

Tyler Dibling Everton has signed winger Tyler Dibling from Southampton on a four-year deal, the Premier League club said on Monday. The 19-year-old played 33 matches for the Saints last season and although the fee was not officially revealed, British media reported Everton would pay around £42 million ($56.74 million) for the player. "I think I’ve come to Everton at the perfect time and hopefully I can be here for many years," Dibling said to EvertonTV. "My aim for this season is just to play as many games as I can and to help the team as much as I can with goals and assists." Everton has started the new season with one win and one loss in the league and will next play Mansfield Town in the League Cup on Wednesday before visiting Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League on Saturday...
Ligue 1: AS Monaco falls to Lille after Giroud’s stoppage-time winner
Ligue 1

Ligue 1: AS Monaco falls to Lille after Giroud’s stoppage-time winner

Olivier Giroud Undone by a stoppage-time goal from Olivier Giroud, AS Monaco conceded their first defeat of the season against LOSC Lille at the end of the second matchday in Ligue 1 (1-0). On the road at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy, the players from the Rock met a LOSC outfit that will certainly be a serious competitor in the race for the Champions League. After 90 minutes of fierce battling, it was Giroud that found the breakthrough at the death, sealing Lille’s triumph with a late strike, which served as a devastating blow for ASM and their supporters, who were present in large numbers in the away section to support their team. While the heat was on early, AS Monaco did not give in and were dominant to start proceedings, with Caio Henrique particularly impressive on the left flank to give...
news on manchester united
PREMIER LEAGUE

news on manchester united

Ruben Amorim Manchester United remain without a Premier League win this season after being held 1-1 at Fulham on Sunday. Ruben Amorim's United were left to rue Bruno Fernandes' wayward first-half penalty as they were pegged back at Craven Cottage. Rodrigo Muniz's own-goal put United in front on the hour mark, but Emile Smith Rowe came off the bench to rescue a point for Fulham. "After the (United) goal we were just thinking about the result. We were OK until the goal and then we were not smart in that moment," said Amorim. The Portuguese coach is under pressure to show improvements after a disastrous 15th-placed finish last season, but so far his new £200 million forward line of Matheus Cunha, Bryan Mbeumo and Benjamin Sesko, who again started on the bench, is yet to fire. Despite an enc...
football transfer news man utd
TRANSFERS

football transfer news man utd

Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Royal Antwerp goalkeeper Senne Lammens over a move to Old Trafford. United expressed interest in signing a new shot-stopper despite Ruben Amorim’s public and repeated backing of Andre Onana and Altay Bayindir. Amorim picked Bayindir for Manchester United’s Premier League opener against Arsenal, with Onana not even on the bench for the 1-0 defeat. Despite dropping Onana and then watching Bayindir made a crucial error for Arsenal’s goal, Amorim defended both players and suggested United would not be signing a new goalkeeper before the transfer deadline. However, behind closed doors Manchester United have been considering their options and expressed interest in Belgian shot-stopper Lammens. Lammens, 23, has impressed in the Belg...
Clubs | goal line gossip. Kizz daniel will be dropping a new ep in march 2024 pulse nigeria chase360. Click here to watch chamipons league soccer live stream today.
Blogarama - Blog Directory