Ferran Torres – Football Flame    

Tag: Ferran Torres

Ferran Torres: ‘I can be Barcelona’s starting striker’
LALIGA

Ferran Torres: ‘I can be Barcelona’s starting striker’

Ferran Torres left winger of Barcelona and Spain reacts during the La Liga EA Sports match between Barcelona and Real Sociedad at Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys on March 1, 2025 in Barcelona, Spain. (Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images) Ferran Torres says he can be Barcelona’s future center forward and take over from 36-year-old Robert Lewandowski. The Poland international is expected to stay at Barcelona for another season, but it’s thought the Catalans are already looking at potential successors. Ferran usually plays out wide but has deputised for Lewandowski in a more central role this season and thinks he could do the job on a full-time basis.“I can be Barça’s starting center forward,” he told TV3. “I have confidence in myself and I can be FC Barcelona...
Flick believes Torres is the best impact substitute for Barca
LALIGA

Flick believes Torres is the best impact substitute for Barca

SANT JOAN DESPI, SPAIN - DECEMBER 02: Hansi Flick, head coach, Dani Olmo, Ferran Torres, Pau Cubarsi and Pedro Gonzalez Pedri during the training day of FC Barcelona ahead the Spanish League, La Liga EA Sports, football match against RCD Mallorca at Ciudad Esportiva Joan Gamper on December 02, 2024 in Sant Joan Despi, Barcelona, Spain. (Photo By Javier Borrego/Europa Press via Getty Images) Barcelona manager Hansi Flick has shown strong faith in Ferran Torres, valuing him as a key player off the bench. According to a recent report from SPORT, Flick appreciates Torres for his mentality, work ethic, and defensive contributions. Despite often coming on as a substitute, Torres consistently delivers high-level performances and his strong focus has made him a valuable asset to the team. ...
Torres sends out message after being ruled out through injury
LALIGA

Torres sends out message after being ruled out through injury

Ferran Torres has posted a motivational message after being ruled out of action with an injury picked up in Sunday’s La Liga win over Alaves. The Barcelona forward only lasted a few minutes before having to go off with a hamstring problem that is set to keep him sidelined for several weeks. There’s no doubt it’s a blow for Ferran but he’s in positive mood as he focuses on his recovery. He wrote on Instagram: “Wins, joy and motivation are all I need to work and come back stronger. From today, more than ever, #FerrantheShark mode modo ” Ferran had featured in all but one of Barca’s La Liga games under Hansi Flick so far this season, making five starts and three appearances off the bench. He’s bagged one goal and two assists but hasn’t managed to shine as brightly as fellow attackers Lamine ...
Torres out of Spain squad with suspected hamstring tear
NEWS

Torres out of Spain squad with suspected hamstring tear

Barcelona forward Ferran Torres has been ruled out of the Spain squad for Nations League fixtures against Denmark and Serbia. Torres was forced off in the early stages of Barcelona’s win over Alaves on Sunday and now looks set for a spell on the sidelines. The early prognosis seems to be that Torres has suffered a hamstring tear and will be out for several weeks. He will undergo tests on Monday to determine the severity of the problem. Hansi Flick admitted after the game that it’s a worrying injury for the Shark. “Ferran’s injury is worrying. We don’t have many options in attack, but we’ll see what happens.” La Liga is due to pause now for a couple of weeks for the international break with Barcelona expected to be boosted by the return of several players when domestic competition resumes. ...
Ferran Torres sends message to Barca fans after being sent off
LALIGA

Ferran Torres sends message to Barca fans after being sent off

Ferran Torres has sent out a message to Barcelona fans after being sent off in Sunday’s 4-1 La Liga win over Girona. The Shark came on in the second half but lasted just 17 minutes after being hit with a red card after an ugly challenge on Yaser Asprilla. Torres took to social media after the win to apologise for his sending off. He wrote on Instagram: “We won, which is the most important thing, but I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the team, the fans and the rival player. The desire has played a hard game on me. Thursday starts a new challenge.” The referee’s report noted that Torres was handed his marching orders “for making a tackle using excessive force on an opponent in the dispute for the ball.” Torres will now miss Barcelona’s next La Liga game against Villarreal on S...
Blogarama - Blog Directory