Real Sociedad – Football Flame    

Tag: Real Sociedad

Europa league: Man Utd force draw with Sociedad but Spurs fall to Az
NEWS

Europa league: Man Utd force draw with Sociedad but Spurs fall to Az

SAN SEBASTIAN, SPAIN - MARCH 6: (L-R) Pablo Marin of Real Sociedad, Joshua Zirkzee of Manchester United during the UEFA Europa League match between Real Sociedad v Manchester United at the Estadio Reale Arena on March 6, 2025 in San Sebastian Spain. Manchester United took the lead through Joshua Zirkzee but were held to a 1-1 draw at Real Sociedad in the first leg of their Europa League last-16 tie but Tottenham suffered a 1-0 defeat at AZ Alkmaar. Rangers won 3-1 at Fenerbahce with Vaclav Cerny scoring twice, and Olympique Lyonnais secured a 3-1 victory at Romanian side Steaua Bucharest thanks to two late goals from Malick Fofana. Manchester United had the only real chance of the first half against Sociedad when Bruno Fernandes had a goalbound shot blocked and Zirkzee’s follow-up effor...
Harry Maguire and Manuel Ugarte ruled out of first leg against Real Sociedad
NEWS

Harry Maguire and Manuel Ugarte ruled out of first leg against Real Sociedad

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 07: Harry Maguire of Manchester United celebrates scoring their second goal during the Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round match between Manchester United and Leicester City at Old Trafford on February 07, 2025 in Manchester, England. Harry Maguire and Manuel Ugarte will miss the first leg of Manchester United’s Europa League last-16 tie away to Real Sociedad after sitting out training on Wednesday morning. Both players have been left out of the 18-man travelling party after picking up minor injuries in Sunday’s FA Cup penalty shoot-out exit at home to Fulham, adding to United’s lengthy list of absentees. Ruben Amorim is already without several players for Thursday’s match against La Real, with Amad Diallo, Kobbie Mainoo and Lisandro Martinez among those on the si...
Real Madrid star to be handed rare start vs Real Sociedad
LALIGA

Real Madrid star to be handed rare start vs Real Sociedad

MADRID, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 24: Eduardo Camavinga and Endrick Felipe players of Real Madrid are training at Valdebebas training ground on February 24, 2025 in Madrid, Spain. An oft-overlooked member of the attacking ranks at La Liga giants Real Madrid is expected to be afforded a starting berth in the club’s next outing. That’s according to Marca, who point towards Endrick as the player in question. Real Madrid, of course, are primed to return to action in short order. Turning attentions back towards matters in the Copa del Rey, Los Blancos have made the trip to Anoeta, for a semi-final first-leg meeting with Real Sociedad. Carlo Ancelotti and co. opted to leave several of the club’s leading stars out of Real’s travelling squad for the clash, including Thibaut Courtois, Federico Valverde an...
‘Hope the right thing will be done’ – Barca send message to Spain about Yamal
LALIGA

‘Hope the right thing will be done’ – Barca send message to Spain about Yamal

Head coach Hansi Flick of FC Barcelona reacts during the LaLiga match between Real Sociedad and FC Barcelona at Reale Arena on November 10, 2024 in San Sebastian, Spain. Barcelona boss Hansi Flick has sent out a strong message to the Spain national team about Lamine Yamal ahead of Nations League fixtures. Yamal missed Sunday’s defeat to Real Sociedad with an ankle problem but had been named in the Spain squad before the match. Flick says he’s hoping that commonsense will now prevail and Yamal will be allowed to remain at Barcelona and recover over the international break. “I think the doctors will ask Lamine not to play for the national team,” he told reporters. “We will speak to the RFEF. If he could have played, he would have, but there was no other option. I hope that the right thi...
Martin Zubimendi makes Real Sociedad ‘large salary’ decision and sends this message to Liverpool
LALIGA

Martin Zubimendi makes Real Sociedad ‘large salary’ decision and sends this message to Liverpool

Martin Zubimendi was a target for Liverpool in the summer transfer window. Martin Zubimendi has reportedly asked Liverpool to revive interest in him when the January transfer window opens. The midfielder was the Reds’ chief target in the summer as Arne Slot wanted to bolster his midfielder options. Liverpool were prepared to meet Zubimendi’s release clause of £52 million in his Real Sociedad contract - but he decided to stay at his boyhood club. Zubimendi was expected to sign a new deal in San Sebastian. Yet Estadio Deportivo reports that the Spain international - who helped his country to Euro 2024 glory - has ‘opted to reject a large salary’ It is reported that Liverpool will have to decide whether to again make a move for Zubimendi, although he ‘intends to land in ...
Brahim out for three months after suffering an injury vs Real Sociedad
LALIGA

Brahim out for three months after suffering an injury vs Real Sociedad

Real Madrid’s Brahim Diaz is set to miss three months of football following an injury to the ‘long abductor of his right leg’, Real Madrid announced in an official statement: “Following tests carried out today on our player Brahim Díaz by the Real Madrid Medical Services, he has been diagnosed with an injury to the long abductor of his right leg. Pending evolution.” Brahim started for Real Madrid in their most recent fixture against Real Sociedad, but had to be subbed off early in the first half for Rodrygo following the injury. According to Arancha Rodriguez, and a lot of other reports from all over Spain, Brahim is going to be out for three months. He could miss a total of 18 to 20 games for Real Madrid, which is a massive blow for him and the team. Brahim was enjoying a great start to...
PREMIER LEAGUE

Zubimendi Snubs Liverpool’s €60M Offer for Sociedad Stay

Liverpool have faced a significant setback in their summer transfer plans, with Real Sociedad star Martin Zubimendi deciding to stay put in Spain. Despite the Reds identifying Zubimendi as their top target for the defensive midfield position, the player has firmly informed Liverpool’s sporting director, Richard Hughes, that he will not be making a move to Merseyside this summer. Zubimendi’s Decision to Stay: A Blow to Liverpool’s Plans Liverpool’s interest in Zubimendi was no secret. The club saw the 25-year-old as an upgrade on Wataru Endo, with manager Arne Slot being particularly impressed by Zubimendi’s performances for both Sociedad and the Spanish national team. The midfielder’s €60 million (£51.3 million) release clause seemed a reasonable price for such a talent, and Liverpo...
Blogarama - Blog Directory